Best used for:
Protection while traveling
Physical healing and stamina
Courage and grounding
- Excellent for protection, guards against danger; for safety while traveling
- Good for physical healing
- Increases physical strength and stamina
- Stabilizes, grounds, and calms emotions
- Promotes courage and alleviates fear, especially for children
- Moves energy from head to feet; helps to draw down spiritual energy to the earthly plane
(pronounced: kal-SEH-doh-nee or KAL-suh-doh-nee)
- A stone of benevolence and generosity; brings peace, soothes the emotions, and uplifts the spirit
- Nurturing, stabilizing, grounding energy brings balance and harmony to mind, body, and spirit
- Absorbs and dissipates negative energy— both clearing and cleansing; for protection and safety especially while traveling
- Guards against nightmares and ill will
- For clarity in thought and communication; it is believed Cicero of the 1st century BC, a Roman statesman, scholar, philosopher, author, and orator, wore this stone amulet
Chalcedony is a broad group of semi-precious gemstones with many varieties differentiated by color and structure. For specific types, please refer to their individual listings.
Some varieties of note are: White, Blue, and Pink Chalcedony; Chrysoprase; Mtorolite; Agates (Banded, Blue Lace, Dendritic, Fire, Moss, Tree); Carnelian (also Sard); Onyx (Black & Natural); Jaspers (Bloodstone and many other varieties)
- A cryptocrystalline form of silica composed of fine intergrowths of Quartz and Mogánite, two silica minerals (SiO2) with slightly different growth structures
- Name origin, Latin: chalcedonius, possibly derived from the town of Chalcedon/Khalkedon in Istanbul (formerly Constantinople), Turkey
- Evidence of this mineral’s use in toolmaking has been discovered in archaeological sites in Central Australia dating back more than 32,000 years ago
- Elaborate seals carved of Chalcedony to stamp impression images in clay, were recovered originating from Bronze Age, Minoan Crete -circa 1800 BCE
- At least 3 varieties were traditionally used in the Jewish High Priest’s Sacred Breastplate as indicated in the Book of Exodus of the Bible
Stones are natural and may differ slightly in appearance from shown example.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.