Best used for:
Joy and positivity
Optimism and good fortune
Self-confidence and communication
- A stone of hope— calms, soothes, and restores peace in heart and mind; brings harmony and balance
- Clears energetic blocks to support healing and regeneration; allows the release of anxiety, fear, doubts, and worries
- Encourages a shift to more positive attitudes and perspectives; brings greater compassion for others and acceptance of the self— instills truth and integrity
- Allows for more flexibility and trust in life’s ebb and flow to overcome obstacles, to allow letting go when circumstances are outside of your control, and to see new opportunities in challenges that arise
- Brings abundant prosperity, success, and good luck in seizing the moment
- Helps in effective communication, creative expression, and inspiration in speaking one’s truth
- Believed to help protect from, filter, and neutralize harmful electromagnetic fields and frequencies (EMFs)
- Named for the Amazon River, this mineral has never been found there— the closest sources: regions in Brazil and Peru, yet not found even within the Amazon Rainforest
- A potassium feldspar (microcline), its color originally believed to be caused by copper, more recently has been found to be the result of trace amounts of lead, rubidium, thallium, divalent iron, and water
- Due to its trace lead content, do not use for gem elixirs or ingest in any form! Although not typically absorbable through skin, mildly acidic water or solutions can dissolve the lead and prove toxic if taken internally over time
- As early as 5200 BCE, cultures in Northern Africa including Egypt, Mesopotamia, and the Indus Valley had been cutting this stone for use in beads and other carvings
- Found in King Tutankhamun’s tomb, including as a scarab ring, as well as inlaid in his famed funerary mask
Hardness: 6 - 6.5
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sunlight, Sage Smudge / Incense
Caution: Avoid prolonged exposure to water; avoid anything abrasive - prone to damage
Stones are natural and may differ slightly in appearance from shown example.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.