(From Latin: Aqua “water”, Marina “of the sea”)
Best used for:
Calming nerves and soothing tension
Protection while traveling over water
- A stone of travel protection, especially travel over waters (by boat, or even by air) — brings courage and good fortune for “smooth sailing” and for things to go your way
- Rejuvenates and refreshes— a tonic for heart and mind; cools fiery overreactions, soothes restless thoughts, brings harmony, peace, and understanding to relationships
- Instills clarity in thought and perception; sharpens the intellect
- Allows one to speak from the heart with clear communication; encourages resolving conflicts, reduces fears, eases tension
- Has the cleansing, purifying effect of the ocean— energetically clearing
- Strengthens intuition and clairvoyance; activates psychic ability
- Restores balance in mind, body, and spirit
- As early as 400 BCE, the people of Greece, and later Rome, believed it could calm the ocean waves and keep travelers safe at sea; it was also said to protect against illness, preserve youth, happiness, and hope
- A beryl (beryllium aluminum silicate) of greenish-blue to blue, its color caused by trace amounts of Ferrous iron (Fe2+); beryl is the family of stones that includes: Goshenite (White), Morganite (Pink), Emerald (Green), Heliodor (Yellow), and Bixbite (Red)
- Can grow with Mica, Tourmaline, Smoky Quartz, and Moonstone; may have inclusions of Hematite, Pyrite, and Rutile
- Commonly heat-treated to enhance blue and remove greenish color, especially in jewelry
- Synthetic gemstones are known to be produced in Russia and the Czech Republic
- Sources of note: Pakistan, Brazil, Namibia, Afghanistan, Madagascar, India, China, USA
Hardness: 7.5 - 8
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sage Smudge / Incense, Sage Spray / Energy Spray, Sea Salt (Dry), Sea Water / Salt Water, Fresh Water
Caution: limit exposure to high temperatures and prolonged direct sunlight as color may fade over time; though relatively hard, very brittle— easily chipped when struck
Stones are natural and may differ slightly in appearance from shown example.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.