(Natural, genuine stone measures approximately 1.3" x 0.85" x 0.6")
One-of-a-kind, please inspect picture carefully.
Please allow for minor surface imperfections as stone is natural.
Libyan Desert Glass
Best used for:
Manifesting fulfillment in all areas of life
Transformation, renewal, and rebirth
Spiritual expansion and clearing karmic debt
- A stone of manifestation— brings great abundance, prosperity, and fulfillment in all areas of life
- Creates an energetic shield of protection to guard from negativity and ill-will
- Strengthens personal willpower; instills confidence in decision making
- A stone of transformation, renewal, and rebirth; supports letting go of the past, moving beyond old patterns of stagnation, and shifting from outgrown habits that no longer serve
- Allows one to reconnect with and to access hidden, ancient knowledge; useful in past-life memory recall through meditation and dreams
- Promotes spiritual expansion— encourages one to listen to their heart; brings forth great spiritual wisdom and inner-truth, while encouraging spiritual healing by assisting one in the clearing of karmic debts through setting things right in this life
- Found in the modern day Sahara Desert in an area known as the Great Sand Sea between now eastern Libya and western Egypt
- Artifacts made of this stone (tools, weapons, and jewelry) have been discovered amongst the ruins of Ancient Egypt including a gold, jewel-encrusted breastplate on the body of King Tutankhamun set with Lapis Lazuli, Carnelian, Malachite, and in the very center of all this— a near perfectly carved scarab of this stone symbolizing rebirth & renewal
- Formed 29 million years ago from a meteoric impact event in temperatures exceeding 1600°C (levels hotter than typical igneous rock formation on Earth)
- Although evidence of an impact crater cannot be found, this stone made of nearly pure silica contains traces of Cristobalite (the same mineral that forms white crystalline patterns also found in Snowflake Obsidian) and former Reidite (a rare unstable form of zircon formed only during meteoric impacts due to intense heat and pressure - it reverts back to zircon in temperatures exceeding 1200°C, yet leaves behind traces of lattice deformation in structure)
Hardness: 6.5 - 7
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sunlight, Sage Smudge / Incense, Sage Spray / Energy Spray, Sea Salt (Dry) with care, Sea Water / Salt Water, Fresh Water
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.