(Pendant measures approximately 2.05" x 0.8" including bail)
Sterling Silver has been burnished for a softer matte-finish
What makes an Iolite an "Iolite Sunstone" ?
Iolite (Cordierite) can grow with Sunstone (Plagioclase Feldspar) which is characterized by flecks and platelets of copper-orange-red Hematite (Iron). When light hits this deep violet stone at a particular angle, it's reflected like a mysterious galaxy of stars within.
Best used for:
Independence and the spirit of discovery
Inner-vision, psychic ability, and clairvoyance
Deep wisdom, spiritual growth, finding your way
- A stone of exploration, illumination, and the spirit of journey— instills one with centered focus, helps in finding direction and in the self-discovery of one’s source motivation; encourages independence
- Brings self-assurance and strengthens resolve in taking on new responsibility and forging new paths
- Offers clearer communication and integrity in self-expression
- Promotes seeing the greater picture and keeping things in perspective; calms fears, soothes nerves, and supports resilience
- Brings clarity to memory, eases insomnia and headaches; sharpens inner-vision, psychic ability, clairvoyant dreams, and helps in uncovering past-life impressions
- Deepens introspection, self-exploration, discovering deep wisdom and truths, spiritual growth— helps in finding your way
- Allows one to cast their consciousness between the physical and spiritual realms while guiding and protecting
Iolite comes from the Ancient Greek word: ἴον (ion), which means “violet”
- Primary sources: Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Madagascar, Myanmar/Burma, Namibia, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, U.S.A.
- Also historically known as “Water Sapphire”
- Was believed to be used by the ancient Vikings— due to Iolite’s unique properties of Pleiochroism, it will display 3 different colors depending on the direction of the light filtering through the crystal’s structure: light violet, dark violet, or colorless to yellow-brown. On cloudy overcast days when the sun was not easily visible for navigation, this stone would be held up to the sky and turned to determine the source direction of the sun shining through.
Best used for:
Leadership, independence, and originality
Protection from psychic attack
Attracting abundance, courage, and power
- Increases personal power, courage and vitality
- Brings good luck, abundance and positive energy
- Promotes leadership abilities, independence and originality
- Dissipates fears, depression, stress, anxiety and phobias of all kinds
- Good for overall health
- Protects by turning negative energy and psychic attacks into positive energy
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.