(Pendant measures approximately 2.65" x 1.2" including bail)
(Also known as Orbicular Sea Jasper)
Best used for:
Energetic purification and cleansing
Reclaiming personal power and inner-strength
- Infused with the purifying, energetically cleansing flow of the ocean; supports healing on a deep, cellular level
- Grounding and nurturing; fortifies the body, increase stamina— believed to help the immune system with colds, flus, and infection
- Relieves stress and anxiety, soothes exhaustion; increases patience
- Allows one to recognize and reclaim their personal power, inner-strength, and self-confidence
- Encourages the integration of one’s will with their emotions to achieve happiness, fulfillment, and greater emotional stability
- Helps in the release of emotional burdens and past trauma— allows one to recognize, accept, understand, and communicate sensitive feelings, breaking down barriers while acknowledging personal needs to move forward
- Helps one to accept responsibility
- Ocean Jasper is composed of Rhyolite or Tuff (silica-rich volcanic rock and ash), Feldspar, Chalcedony, and Druzy Quartz Crystal
- Ocean Jasper is the trademarked name of a mineral from a very specific location rediscovered by Paul Obeniche and debuted at the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show in 2000
- It was first discovered and written about in 1922, then its location lost for over 75 years
- Found at the base of a cliff only accessible by boat at low-tide— Ocean Jasper is from the northwest coast of Madagascar, Mahajanga Province
- Mining of this primary stone source stopped in 2006 due to locality depletion and safety risks; all available specimens are what is currently in circulation and what has been collected by sellers over the years
Hardness: 6.5 - 7
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sage Smudge / Incense, Sunlight
Caution: Avoid anything abrasive. Prolonged water exposure may cause stone to break down over time.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.