Blue Tiger's Eye / Falcon's Eye / Hawk's Eye
Best used for:
Regain control in life - return to a more positive path
- Excellent for protection: deflects negativity and wards off the “evil eye” (negativity directed at you from others)
- A stone of self-confidence, courage, willpower, determination, and success
- Helps in finding inner-peace in challenging times; brings clarity of mind and greater focus for clear decision-making
- Broadens one’s perspective to see the greater picture, gives insight into seeing the heart of the matter; supports finding simple solutions to complex problems and to find a way forward for resolution
- Encourages moving past fear, insecurity, and self-imposed limitations, to manifest your goals
- Strengthens intuition, psychic ability, and clairvoyance; deepens one’s perception and understanding
- Very grounding and centering— allows one to regain control of one’s life and encourages return to a more positive path
- A chatoyant variety of quartz (displaying a “cat’s eye” reflectiveness), with fine amphibole-fiber parallel intergrowths— in this case, Crocidolite, a blue fibrous form of Riebeckite (a common form of *asbestos!)
- Over time, the blue-gray color of Crocidolite inclusions caused by (Iron) Fe2+ naturally oxidizes to the gold-brown Fe3+ Limonite which we know as Tiger’s Eye; when exposed to high temperatures, it then darkens to Red Tiger’s Eye (Dragon’s Eye / Bull’s Eye)— this may occur naturally, although this industry standard treatment is frequently done for most consistently colored Red Tiger’s Eye available
- Contrary to popular belief, as of 2003, examination with modern technology has revealed new evidence showing the Crocidolite intergrowths are NOT replaced with silica over time (pseudomorphism) as originally believed— but are actually growing in pockets and cavities throughout the Quartz instead
Hardness: 6.5 - 7
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sunlight, Sage Smudge / Incense, Sage Spray / Energy Spray, Sea Salt (Dry), Sea Water / Salt Water, Fresh Water
*Caution: Avoid harsh chemicals. Fibrous Riebeckite or Crocidolite is Asbestos! Although stabilized in Quartz and generally believed to not be harmful by just touch, DO NOT breathe in the dust of the stone if it’s in raw form, if damaged, or if cutting/polishing the material.
Stones are natural and may differ slightly in appearance from shown example.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.