(Pendant measures approximately 2.8" x 1.4" including bail)
Best used for:
Strengthening the physical body
Energy, vitality, and longevity
Victory and power
- Believed from ancient Greek and Roman times to be a stone of preserving health, bestowing long life, and increasing vitality
- Guards against disease, boosts the immune system; strengthens the heart, increases circulation— facilitates healing
- Brings greater energy, stamina; fortifies the physical body, very grounding
- A stone of courage, personal power, survival, and victory; instills patience, determination, resilience, and greater resolve— supportive when being bullied, or in workplace politics
- Wards off negativity, repels jealousy and harmful spirits, energetically purifies and protects
- Helps in the release of emotional stress, supports one through processing grief, and allows one to find emotional closure
- Brings great prosperity and success by inspiring creativity in work and home
- Allows one to tap into ancestral energy bringing forth greater spiritual potential
The variety of Bloodstone found in South Africa has typically larger inclusion patches of iron oxide (Hematite and/or Pyrite) and features grayish to white Chalcedony in addition to the green. Sometimes called, Seftonite (a moss green variety of Chalcedony) / and erroneously Setonite (due to a misspelling that went viral); it is also known as Vulcan Jasper, named for the Roman blacksmith god of the forge, fire, and volcanos.
Hardness: 6.5 - 7
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sage Smudge / Incense, Sunlight
Caution: Prolonged water exposure may affect hematite and/or pyrite inclusions.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.