Blue Lace Agate
Best used for:
Optimism and truth in expression
Communications, writing, and public speaking
- Calms the mind, stills one’s thoughts, brings peaceful clarity and focus; helps concentration, composure, and stability
- Brings greater discernment allowing one to be the calm in the chaos; supports clear communication with integrity, compassion, understanding, and diplomacy
- Clears emotional negativity and patterns in a space and within— encourages trust, acceptance, and harmony
- Allows for the acknowledgment of feelings, the release of self-criticism, and the letting go of emotional hurt; guides one to a more positive future, open to opportunity and change
- Excellent for good, restful sleep; restores and refreshes when allowed the time and space for recovery
- Promotes positive expression, speaking one’s truth in constructive ways; inspires creative endeavors to bring more insight and light to the world
- Also for travel protection, smooth journeys
- Agate is a type of banded Chalcedony, a cryptocrystalline form of silica composed of fine intergrowths of Quartz and Mogánite, two silica minerals (SiO2) with slightly different growth structures
- The shades of blue in this stone is caused by Rayleigh Scattering: due to microscopic cavities, mineral inclusions, and sub-micron sized spheroids thought to be amorphous silica, light penetrating, reflecting, and refracting from this material presents as the blue color (not because of pigmentation)— it’s the same reason the sky is blue
- Primary source: Namibia, found in 1962 by American prospector, George Swanson— the mine has since closed in 2016
- Other smaller sources of note: Australia, Brazil, China, India, Madagascar, USA
Hardness: 6.5 - 7
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sunlight, Sage Smudge / Incense, Sage Spray / Energy Spray, Sea Salt (Dry), Sea Water / Salt Water, Fresh Water
(All methods okay)
Stones are natural and may differ slightly in appearance from shown example.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.