Best used for:
Motivation, courage, and self-confidence
Protection against envy, fear, and anger
Passion and sensuality
- Encourages more passion and joy in life, to appreciate all that it has to offer, and to live life to the fullest
- Increases self-confidence, courage, and the motivation to take action and to get things done; focuses and channels one’s will and personal power
- Brings financial and business success
- Bolsters self-esteem, helps overcome shyness, encourages one to be more sociable; strengthens the voice, helps with public speaking and performance, instills an aura of charisma— helps in roles of leadership
- Supportive in times of feeling down, soothes with self-love and self-acceptance
- Protects against jealousy, envy, fear, and anger— wards off the Evil Eye and misfortune; promotes peace and harmony
- A stone of vitality, strength, stamina, and endurance; a source of creativity, creative energy, and creative life force— may help with conception in both body and mind
- Known as Carnelian since the 16th century, a corruption of the 14th century Cornelian, from Mediæval Latin corneolus: for the cornel cherry
- Also known as Sard although some make the distinction of Sard being darker with shades of deep red-brown to almost black; attributed to be named for Sardis in Lydia (modern day Republic of Türkiye/Turkey), others believe it is from the Persian word sered for yellowish-red
- A Chalcedony colored by impurities of iron-oxide, colors ranging from pale orange to an almost black red-orange
- Dirty yellow, lower quality gems have been frequently heated and/or dyed since early Roman times, to deepen its color
- In ancient Egypt, known as the “Blood of Isis”, pharaoh and royalty were often entombed with the stone to ensure safe passage to the afterlife as it was also a symbol of the life-giving sun
Hardness: 6.5 - 7
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sunlight, Sage Smudge / Incense, Sage Spray /Energy Spray, Sea Salt (Dry), Sea Water / Salt Water, Fresh Water
(All methods typically okay)
Caution— avoid extreme temperature changes, harsh chemicals, or extended exposure to heat.
Stones are natural and may differ slightly in appearance from shown example.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.