Rough specimens measure approximately: 1" to 1.5" in length, although sizes vary.
(Picture shows a variety of ways how this stone may form.)
Stones are natural and patterning/shape will differ in appearance from shown examples. You will receive 1 Rough Specimen. Please allow us to intuitive choose the right one for you!
Pronounced: GUHR – tite
(After Pyrite Pseudomorph)
- Deeply grounding connection with Earth energy; stabilizes and balances
- Thoroughly grounds spiritual energy; draws spiritual vibrations down to the physical plane to manifest change in a more tangible way
- A stone of protection, security, and safety; shields from negativity
- Clears energetic blocks; reveals karmic issues from the past and past lives— helps in bringing resolution, reconciliation
- Allows a shift in perception to see the bigger picture, not only in the present, but how things developed from the past
- Encourages patience, self-awareness, and focus on the here-and-now to strengthen fortitude, resolve, and to bring successful completion of goals
- Attracts abundance, prosperity, wealth
It is believed the story of King Midas’s Golden Touch originated from Phrygian royalty wearing golden textile clothes dyed with Goethite; the tomb of King Gordias, Midas’s father, was discovered with many such garments and fabrics therein.
- Named after German literary figure, poet, scholar, philosopher, and scientist, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (YO-hahn VAHLF-gahng fohn GUHR-teh)
- A Ferric Iron Oxyhydroxide: α-Fe3+O(OH), the most common simple iron oxide mineral formed through the weathering of other iron-bearing minerals
- Used since Paleolithic times, evidence has been found in prehistoric cave paintings where it’s been used as a pigment for brown ochre, or where it had been heated to be used for red pigment
- A common pseudomorph (where the original primary shape and structure of a material is retained, but the substance has been naturally replaced over time); Goethite can be found in bogs and swampy areas, cave floors, at the bottom of lakes and creeks, hydrothermal and marine environments, and even on the planet Mars
- Goethite Pseudomorph Examples: Goethite after Pyrite, Siderite, Marcasite; frequently found with Hematite, Limonite, Magnetite, Lepidocrocite
- Golden colored crystal inclusions in Quartz-family of stones, and especially Amethyst, is in fact Goethite and NOT Cacoxenite as previously believed
Availability: Common; Well-shaped specimens, Rare
Hardness: 5 - 5.5
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sunlight, Sage Smudge / Incense
(Caution— avoid moisture and salts, high iron content!)
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.