Goldstone is typically man-made of natural copper in glass, and has the energetic properties of copper. The Blue or Purple variety is cobalt or manganese in glass with the energetic properties of those metals. Most sellers do not distinguish between the blue and purple varieties.
Blue / Purple Goldstone
Best used for:
Attracting love and lucky circumstances
Activating energy in the body
Health and vitality
- A stone of deep wisdom, introspection, and insight— excellent for quieting the mind and allowing greater access to intuition, psychic ability, and clairvoyance
- Inspires creativity and creative problem solving, yet guides one to practical solutions with foresight and resolve for resolution beneficial to all
- Instills positivity in perspective and attitude to boost optimism and encourage taking active part in making things better
- Brings success by allowing one to recognize new opportunities; attracts serendipitous luck and lucky circumstances
- Helps to relieve stress, reduce tension, soothe hypersensitivity; supportive in balancing emotions— beneficial for empaths or those overwhelmed by energetic impressions
- Conducts and clarifies energy
- Deflects negativity and buffers from negative situations
- Allows one to speak their truth, directly and compassionately to bring understanding
- Also known as Aventurine Glass, or Avventurina (from all’avventura, meaning “by chance” in Italian)— not to be confused with natural Aventurine which was named after this glass in the 18th century!
- Goldstone is believed to have been discovered when a glass artisan accidentally dropped metal shavings into a glass mixture
- First documented recipe for the technique is from 1644, Murano in Italy, by glassmaker master, Giovanni Darduin
- Best available evidence suggests it was originally developed by Vincenzo Miotti, a prominent Venetian glassmaker in the 17th century— its creation was a closely guarded secret keeping within the tradition of medieval craft-guilds
- The earliest goldstone-like material was found in an amulet from 12th to early 13th century ancient Iran (Persia)
- Various metal oxides/salts, in this case cobalt or manganese, are added to a hot glass mixture where it is very slowly cooled— tiny particles of the metals crystalize within; the glass may also be colored
Hardness: 5.5 - 6
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sunlight, Sage Smudge / Incense, Sage Spray / Energy Spray, Sea Salt (Dry), Sea Water / Salt Water, Fresh Water, (All methods usually okay)
Stones are natural and may differ slightly in appearance from shown example.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.