Best used for:
Soothing, calming, balancing, uplifting
Bring harmony to group relationships
Protection from others' emotional baggage and negativity
- Soothes emotions: calming and balancing
- Uplifts the spirit and brings hope
- Helps one to take responsibility in the creation of one’s own happiness; allows one to discover and understand what it is that they truly need to feel fulfilled
- Promotes empathy, compassion, understanding, and forgiveness; allows a shift in perspective— raising awareness of others and moving beyond the focus of self
- Encourages open communication and the expression of one’s true feelings to further cooperation and mutual support; instills greater harmony in groups and all relationships: between friends, family, and co-workers
- Wards off negativity and emotional drain; protects from jealousy and envy
- A stone of spiritual growth— helps one to let go of what they’ve outgrown
- Strengthens intuition and communication with Spirit Guides and your Higher-Self
- A basic hydrous zinc silicate, not to be confused with Caribbean Blue Calcite or Blue Aragonite which are both forms of Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3), a completely different substance
- This mineral was originally thought to be the same substance as Smithsonite and classified as Calamine, it was later recognized as its own material; Hemimorphite was accepted as the official name in 1962 by the International Mineralogical Association
- Up to 54% zinc by weight, primarily found in zinc deposits, it occurs as a secondary mineral produced by the weathering or oxidation of Sphalerite/Sphaelerite; it is a significant source of zinc in extraction, smelting, and processing
- May occur with Smithsonite, Calcite, Sphalerite, Hematite, Limonite, and Galena
Hardness: 4.5 - 5
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sunlight, Sage Smudge / Incense
Caution: Use nothing abrasive, stone will scratch easily. Very brittle— will cleave or chip if struck. In beads, it is common and accepted that the beads will naturally wear down over time. Do not expose to harsh temperature changes, harsh chemical detergents, or ultrasonic cleaners!
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.