(Pendant measures approximately 1.8" x 0.7" including bail)
14k *Gold-filled chain is 16" in length
Best used for:
Energy renewal and restoration
Protection for energy workers and healers
Clears energy blocks
- Excellent energy source for healing, healers, and energy workers— quickly restores energy depleted from intense energy work; clears energy blocks to allow greater energy flow throughout the body
- Removes negative energies from oneself and one’s environment; allows the restoration of balance and harmony
- Provides a protective shield against psychic attack, negativity, and jealousy; filters, transmutes, and clears negativity from a person or a space
- Deeply grounding— offers stability and centered focus; relieves stress, eases anxiety, reduces tension
- Assists in recognizing what is most important; supports prioritizing and making the most of what may be available
- Helps in seeing the deeper meaning of things, seeing beyond the surface, and in discerning truth without distraction
- A stone of self-discovery and personal empowerment; allows access to ancient wisdom and past lives, to uncover and recognize karmic issues to be resolved and let go of, unlocking hidden talents and abilities
- Can be used to initiate psychic activation, or to strengthen psychic ability, clairvoyance, and other spiritual gifts
- A tool to bridge the physical world with the spiritual— opens the way and acts as a conduit to bring about transformation and manifesting through shifting energy in accord with intention
- Not to be confused with Astrophyllite (bronze crystalline starbursts in matrix) or bluish-black Arfvedsonite (sometimes forms w/ Eudialyte), Greenland Nuummite (primary source) features predominantly gold with occasional blue & green streaks of color iridescence in blackish rock
- A metamorphic rock consisting primarily of amphibole minerals: Anthophyllite and Gedrite (Anthophyllite is asbestos— while stable and safe in its polished/tumbled form, do not breathe in the dust if drilling or cutting the stone!)
- Streaks of iridescence within the black rock is due to light interference caused by the lamellae structure or very fine layers of the two primary fibrous minerals; other minerals commonly found within may be Pyrite, Pyrrhotite, and Chalcopyrite, which presents as shimmering yellow banding
- Believed to have been formed by two consecutive episodes of metamorphic activity of an originally igneous rock, first around 2.8 billion years ago, then around 2.7-2.5 billion years ago
- It is frequently and incorrectly attributed as the oldest mineral in the world (though not technically a mineral), that distinction goes to zircon at 4.4 billion years old— nor is it the oldest rock (an aggregate of 2 or more minerals), that goes to Acasta Gneiss from Canada (4 billion years old)
- Nuummite means, “derived from Nuuk” in Kalaallisut (Greenlandic-Inuit); Nuuk is the area where it is found in Greenland
- Recognized and defined as a unique geological specimen type between 1905 and 1924 by a Danish geologist, it was later named in 1982 by a Dutch geologist— although pieces where later found in a collection attributing its first documented “discovery” in 1810 by German polar explorer and mineralogist Karl Ludwig Giesecke
- It is claimed that the Inuit of Greenland have been traditionally using this stone for centuries in carvings and tools (although no verifiable sources can be found to
attest to this; most Inuit carvings appear to be in soapstone or ivory)
Hardness: 5.5 - 6
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sage Smudge / Incense
Caution: Prolonged water exposure may cause the structure of the stone to break down over time. Use no harsh chemicals, abrasives, or ultrasonic cleaners.
*Gold-filled vs. Gold-Plate:
Gold-filled (GF) jewelry is an officially regulated designation as established by the FTC where the quality of gold must be at least 10 karats or greater and the thickness of gold bonded to the base must be at least 5% of the total in weight. It is higher quality than gold-plate which may be just a microscopic coating that can easily be scratched off with abrasions.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.