Best used for:
Releasing old patterns
Activating emotional healing
Openness and self-expression
- A stone of hope and promise for the future
- Opens the way for unconditional love, greater empathy, acceptance, compassion, emotional healing support, and forgiveness
- Encourages self-care, letting go of the past, and moving on; allows one to recognize outgrown patterns that hold one back
- Brings stress-relief, soothes anxiety, shifts one to a place of inner-peace
- Instills clarity in perception and perspective, open-mindedness, and understanding
- Nurtures and gently restores stamina, renews one’s spirit through the rediscovery of joy in the little things, sustains through gratitude and appreciation for what you already have
- Can help in the pursuit of romantic love or rekindle romance
- Activates abundance, prosperity, and good fortune in all aspects of life
- Protects by transmuting negativity
- Energizes creativity and creative life force— can help with conception and nurturing motherly energy, if that is your focus
- Opal forms when silica-rich water seeps into cracks and voids within the earth— with evaporation over geological time, through deposition, in the right conditions, it leaves behind what becomes opal
- It is a mineraloid (non-crystalline), amorphous hydrated silica (SiO2•nH2O) with variable water content usually between 6-10%
Precious (Noble) Opals display the more rare “inner-fire” or play-of-color within the stone
Common Opals are far more plentiful and do not
- Pink Opal is a Common Opal formed with the mineral Palygorskite / Attapulgite, a magnesium aluminum phyllosilicate that occurs in a type of clay soil; the Peruvian and Mexican varieties gets its color from small amounts of quinones, organic compounds often found in plants, that enter the stone during formation American and Australian varieties are colored by manganese, where Australian specifically is biogenic in origin, formed from opalized radiolarite, a type of sedimentary rock formed from the skeletal remains of marine planktonic organisms
Hardness: 5 - 6
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sage Spray / Energy Spray, Fresh Water
Caution: stone is brittle and prone to cracking, do not expose to heat, extreme temperature changes, harsh cleaning chemicals, no ultrasonic cleaners.
Avoid very low humidity environments.
Stones are natural and may differ slightly in appearance from shown example.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.