Best used for:
Attracting love and romance
Healing emotional pain and tension
- The stone of Love, Unconditional Love, Romance, and Beauty
- Attracts new love and friendships
- Instills patience, compassion, harmony; deepens emotional bonds with family, friends, and romantic partners
- Awakens the heart to self-love, emotional healing— balances the emotions, eases feelings of disappointment, resentment, and anger; gently allows the release and letting go of hurt to begin healing
- Calms the soul, soothes the spirit, brings comfort in times of grief and loss
- Brings feelings of fulfilment and content
- Balances feminine energy and may help with fertility if chosen for that purpose
- Ancient Egyptians are believed to have used this stone to preserve beauty and youth; beads of this stone have also been found dating back to 7000 BCE, to what was once Mesopotamia; jewelry crafted from this stone has also been attributed to ancient Assyria and Rome
- A variety of Quartz or Silicate (SiO2), its pink color and occasional asterism (as in Star Rose Quartz), incorrectly long thought to be caused by manganese, iron, or titanium, was later discovered, in the late 1990s, to be due to microscopic inclusions of pink borosilicate fibers with properties similar to dumortierite: this substance was named dididumortierite
Asterism or the star-like effect in some stones, is caused by a dense network of fine inclusions aligned with the gem’s crystal structure— when properly cut, it will reflect/refract light in the form of a 6-pointed star
- True Rose Quartz does not fade in heat or light, however, the commonly mistaken “Pink Quartz” which gets its color from Aluminum and Phosphorus can rapidly fade when exposed to UV light
- Sources of note: Brazil, Madagascar, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, USA
Suggested Cleansing Methods: Moonlight, Sunlight, Sage Smudge / Incense, Sage Spray / Energy Spray, Sea Salt (Dry), Sea Water / Salt Water, Fresh Water, (All methods typically okay)
Stones are natural and may differ slightly in appearance from shown example.
✰ This information serves as a quick guide of subjective metaphysical properties for crystals & gemstones formed through personal experience as well as research of historical and cultural customs & practices. Each person is unique and will experience crystals in their own way depending on their life’s experiences.
✰ Crystals and gemstones are tools used for living a more positive life and should be used to empower yourself to transform and grow. We possess within ourselves everything that we need to live life fully. Crystals and gemstones serve as a visual and energetic tool to help us on our path. We should not give our power away to them. They are not meant to be a substitute for medical attention.